The Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) is designed to create an easy transition from high school to college for high school seniors. This will allow students to complete the necessary steps toward becoming a college student, and to have the opportunity to register early for Summer and Fall classes during the early registration period.
An opportunity for students and their parents to learn about programs and services, and gather necessary information about college. There will be:
- Workshops about school policies,services, and financial aid availability
- A campus tour that will help you find your way around campus
- And more….
*Bring photo ID when arriving to take placement tests.
Assessment will determine the level of your Math and English skills and assist counselors to place you in appropriate courses. We highly recommend that you study for the test, and take the assessment test on one of the scheduled dates listed below. The preparatory test is available on our web page. Please note that there is no time limit on the test, and you may use a calculator for the math assessment test.
You will receive information about our services, academic program and transfer opportunities, financial aid availability, and learn about registration and other key factors to becoming a student at Cañada College.
After completing your placement test and before leaving the campus, you will be scheduled a counseling appointment. During this session, you will meet with a counselor who will assist you with your course selections for summer and/or fall classes based on your assessment test results and your goals.You may also make additional counseling appointments during the summer and/or Fall term to discuss your career and educational goals, and complete your Student Educational Plan, (SEP).
PEP starts with only 3 steps:
1. Apply to Cañada College by submitting an online application. When you submit your on-line application, you will receive a letter via email that includes your Student ID number. This number starts with the letter “G”. You must bring this number to the Assessment test to take your test.
2. Reserve your seat for one of the PEP dates at: https://canadacollegeoutreach.wufoo.com/forms/caaada-college-priority-enrollment-program-2014/
3. Prepare for your Assessment Tests in Math and your choice of English--Reading Comprehension and Writing/Grammar—rules of punctuation and grammar or English Second Language—Reading, Grammar, and Listening
Click on Assessment Preparation link below to study for your tests, which are multiple choice and taken at a computer and Math and English tests are not timed, and can take up to 2 ½ hours. Placement Test results and your high school transcripts or EAP or AP scores determine your college class placement. You can save yourself time and money by placing in 4-year college transferrable classes.
ASSESSMENT PREPARATION at http://canadacollege.edu/assessment/prepare.php
After you submit your reservation form, you will get a confirmation e-mail.
- You must bring your student ID number to the Assessment test to take your test.
- You must bring your test results to the counseling session.
PEP 2014 Orientation and Assessment Dates
On this day you will attend the orientation session first and then take the assessment test. Please note that you must arrive a half an hour earlier than the starting time listed below to sign-in.
- Tuesday, April 08, 2014 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m. --- FULL
- Wednesday, April 23,2014 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m. --- FULL
- Tuesday, April 29, 2014 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m. --- FULL
- Tuesday, May 06, 2014 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m.
Benefits of the Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) for Summer/Fall 2014
- Priority Counseling services
- Early access to registration, which gives you an opportunity to access the broadest selection of classes at times that are most convenient for you
- Receive important information about degree requirements, transfer planning, Financial Aid and other Student Support Services
- Be better prepared for college life
- Meet new friends and connect to the campus community
Special Summer Opportunity
When you meet with a counselor at Cañada College, be sure to discuss the option of taking a course or two during the summer session. This will allow you to get a head start on your College education. There is a wide variety of day and evening classes available, and many are sure to be right for you.
If you have any further questions please contact the Outreach Department at 650-306-3444.