New Student Orientations
Call the Welcome Center to Register: (650) 306-3452
New, first-time college students (including Middle College Students who transition to college student status) are required to:
- Attend a 90-minute New Student Orientation
- Complete an Assessment or submit AP, EAP, or IB Scores to determine English & Math eligibility,
- Meet with an Academic Counselor to prepare a Student Education Plan (SEP), and
- Submit their Registration Ticket to Admissions & Records for a date to register for classes!
The orientation session provides information on college resources, special programs and services, and a hands-on demonstration of essential college online tools. At a computer each student will access:
- WebSMART online resources for registration, fee payment, student education plan, education goal progress in DegreeWorks and much more…
- WebACCESS an online resource for class participation and assignments
- WebSCHEDULE to look up current class schedule information
- My.SMCCD.edu student email set up to receive college and class communications
Each orientation participant will receive a New Student Orientation Handbook, current Class Schedule, College Catalog, and college resource handouts.