The Disability Resource Center (DRC)
Cañada College provides students with documented disabilities academic support and reasonable accommodations as defined by state and Federal law through the Disability Resource Center (DRC). Services are provided to students with a wide range of disabilities and are determined on the basis of supporting medical, psychological or learning disability documentation. Certain requirements regarding disability documentation are necessary, so it is important for students seeking disability services to check with the DRC to ensure that they meet eligibility criteria.
The mission of DRC is to ensure educational access so that students with disabilities have every reasonable opportunity to meet their educational goals, provide educational support so that students with disabilities can demonstrate their skills, and create a learning environment in which students with disabilities may become independent, interdependent and integrated in our global community.
FLEX PRESENTATION 8/16 FOR FACULTY AND STAFF:
Test Accommodation and Scheduling Form (This form is available in PDF format and require that you have Adobe® Acrobat® Reader™, available free from Adobe, installed on your computer.)
- Test Accommodation and Scheduling Form (Blue Form)
- Ensure your DRC file indicates your eligibility for exam accommodations.
- Remember to get a new Accommodations Verification memo every semester.
- Share your Accommodations Verification memo with your instructors and complete the Blue Form with them.
- Students, NOT instructors, are responsible for submitting the Blue Form to the DRC.
- Late submission of your blue form may require rescheduling an exam. In all cases, when exams are rescheduled, DRC will need the instructor's approval prior to your rescheduled exam date.
Building 5, Room 303
Phone: (650) 306-3259
TDD: (650) 306-3161
Fax: (650) 306-3185
Monday: 8:00am – 5pm
Tuesday: 8:00am – 5pm
Wednesday: 8:00am – 7pm
Thursday: 8:00am – 7pm
Friday: 8:00am – 12pm (closed on Fridays during the summer)