The College Connection Concurrent Enrollment Program is designed to provide current high students who have completed the 8th grade or higher at time of entering course the opportunity to get an “early start” on their college experience while still enrolled in high school.
An Admissions Application and College Connection Course Request Form (page 4 of the College Connection Course Enrollment Packet) should be submitted as early as possible to ensure best consideration for classes and no later than one week before classes begin.
Enrollment fees and non-resident tuition are waived for students enrolled in California high schools if they are registered in fewer than 11.5 units. Student body fees are optional for California high school students.
- Review College Class Schedules in print or online at websmart.smccd.edu/schedule.htm or meet with your high school counselor to select your college courses.
- Apply on-line. (You will be notified of admission by email or postal mail after submitting the application.)
- Take assessment tests if you are planning to register for English or Math courses or courses with English and Math prerequisites.
- Complete and obtain the required signatures on the College Connection Course Request Form. The form is also available at your high school counselor’s office.
- Submit completed approval form to the Admissions & Records Office, via mail (4200 Farm Hill Blvd., Redwood City, CA 94061), fax (650-306-3113), email (email@example.com), or in person (Bldg. 9, 1st floor). You are notified of eligibility to enroll by mail or email. Please note: If you are home schooled student, a copy of your R4 (Private School Affidavit) form will be required along with your Course Request Form.
- Students with documented disabilities who would like academic accommodations for their college classes should contact the Disability Resource Center (650-306-3259).