In the News
Athletics Hall of Fame Banquet Set for June 1Tue, 30 April, 2013 at 12:54 pm
MLB Network Analyst Harold Reynolds Heads Second Hall of Fame Class
A social hour and silent auction will begin at 6 p.m. followed by a sit-down dinner and the presentation ceremony at 7:30 p.m.
Reservations for dinner are $50 per person (Business Casual Attire). Admission is by dinner reservation only. The reservation deadline is Friday, May 10. For more information, call Mike Garcia at (650) 306-3212 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harold Reynolds, a three-time Major League Baseball All-Star and currently the lead analyst for the MLB Network, headlines a list of eight former Cañada College athletes that will be inducted into the school's Athletics Hall of Fame.
"This second group of former athletes and coaches is an exceptional class," said Cañada College Athletic Director Mike Garcia. In addition to Reynolds, it includes:
- Jerry Drever, former men's basketball and golf coach who guided the Colts to the 1988 state championship in golf.
- Gordon Gray (posthumously), women's softball coach and an assistant coach for the baseball team and a former athletic director at the college.
- Javier Sanchez, a key member of the school's 1988 state golf championship team. Sanchez was a state medalist at the finals and went on to become a member of the PGA Tour. He is currently competing on the Seniors Tour.
- Mike Legarza, a former athletic director and men's basketball coach. Legarza is a California Community College Basketball Association Hall of Fame member. He's also founder, president, and CEO of Legarza Basketball and Volleyball Camps.
- John Hursh, a two-time conference champion in tennis and a member of the 1973 state championship team.
- Mike Garcia, the current athletic director and former head baseball coach. Garcia is a member of the California Community College Baseball Coaches Association Hall of Fame.
- Keith Comstock, a former baseball player who went on to play for four different MLB teams including the San Francisco Giants. he is a member of the San Mateo County Athletics Hall of Fame.