The Business Department prepares students for both entry-level positions and management positions in retail. Students are prepared to plan, organize, direct, and manage employees in a variety of settings.
The Business Department also offers both an A.S. Degree and a Certificate program for those students who wish to become a new business owner and or update their skills as a current business owner. The A.S. Degree and Certificate program are designed to assist students in the development of a small business.
Program Learning Outcomes:
Students completing this program will be able to:
- Listen and communicate orally and in writing within the standards of their profession.
- Articulate major standard practices within Accounting and Business professions.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills required for Accounting, Business and Economics for which they have trained.
- Interpret financial data, analyze business issues and identify economic trends.
- Work independently and collaboratively within a team of accountants, business people and economists.
- Recognize ethical behavior in their chosen profession and behave in a socially responsible manner.