Strengthening Student Services
The Bay Area Workforce Funding Collaborative funded a Skyline College proposal in response to their Request for Applications to Strengthen Student Services. The purpose of the proposed project was to establish a one-stop center where Career Technical Education (CTE) students can access multiple services related to employment and career development, work supports, public benefits, financial literacy and asset building.
The Strengthening Student Services Framework
(1) Offer services in three areas – Increase income through education, Develop assets,
and build credit with financial education and coaching;
(2) Seamlessly integrate service delivery, appropriately “bundled” and sequenced;
(3) Provide financial coaching for all clients: motivate and support them with culturally competent staff;
(4) Promote and provide access to public and private benefits and mainstream financial services;
(5) Commit to continued engagement with clients over two-three years;
(6) Evaluate, learn from and share data, supported by a user-friendly IT system that demonstrates results; and
(7) Promote SparkPoint through the power of a common brand and marketing.
Three Planning Subcommittees
(1) Service Integration,
(2) Planning and Partner Development, and
(3) Facilities and Logistics.