Modeling an ePortfolio for Your Students
Why should you create an ePortfolio?
By creating your own ePortfolio you will experience the process your students will be following.
By creating your own ePortfolio you will be demonstrating examples of good reflection and evidence.
By creating your own ePortfolio you will have the opportunity to learn from your learning experiences.
How do I create my own ePortfolio?
- Go to sites.google.com and log in using your my.smccd email account
- Click on Create > Browse the Gallery for More, search for your program's ePortfolio template or choose the generic “Cañada College E-Portfolio Template” and then click the Select button.
- Enter a name for your site and click the Create button at the top of the page.
- Go to the Major/Program tab.
- Click Edit Page (pencil icon) at the top of the page, to enter edit mode.
- In the green box, replace the text below Program Learning Outcome 1 with the name of your Program and your first PLO to be assessed.
- Click the Save button at the top of the page.
- To allow others to see the site, click the Share button at the top. Under Who has access, click Change and select “Skyline, Canãda and College of San Mateo.” Then click Save.