Become a Student

Follow our Steps to Success, and Shape your Future Today!

Apply to Attend

New and returning students who have not taken a class within the San Mateo County Community College District for one or more years must complete the online admission application.

Start your Application  

Apply for Financial Aid

You may qualify for a variety of financial aid programs depending on your financial needs and legal residency status. Apply for all types of Financial Aid from the links below.

Federal Financial Aid     California Financial Aid    Promise Scholarship  

Need help? Sign up for a Financial Aid Workshop by calling Financial Aid at (650) 306-3308 or email

 Financial Aid Department

Attend New Student Orientation and Placement Services

Bring your high school transcript to be placed into your initial English and math class.

Or, you can be placed via our Guided Self Placement process.

Orientation provides an overview of Cañada's programs and services.

To register for Orientation, call (650) 306-3452

If you are unable to attend in person orientation, we now have available an Online Orientation option you can access from WebSmart

 Orientation Department

Attend a Counseling Session

To schedule a Counseling Appointment call (650) 306-3452 or visit BLDG 9 Welcome Center to help develop your educational plan, clear pre-requisite requirements and select classes.

  Counseling Department

Submit Transcripts from other Colleges

Submit transcripts from other colleges (if any) to Admissions & Records, otherwise go to Step 5.

Speak to a Counselor about the Transcript Evaluation Service.

Register for Classes  Continuing Students START HERE!

Look up available classes on WebSchedule, then sign up for your classes on WebSMART! Register early to get the classes you want!

WebSMART     WebSchedule  Registration Info

Pay Fees

Students will be dropped for non-payment of fees if fees are not paid by the payment deadline (See schedule of classes for the payment deadline) or if a student has a prior outstanding balance they will not be permitted to register

Fees may be paid with cash, check, money order, Discover, Mastercard or Visa through WebSMART or at the Cashier's Office, Building 9, 1st Floor. WebSmart can also be used to request a payment plan or apply for Financial Aid.


Arrange Transportation and Parking

  Parking Information    Transportation Options

Purchase or Rent Books from Cañada College Bookstore

Refer to your registration page on WebSmart for a link to required course materials.


Get Involved with Campus Clubs and Take Advantage of Support Services

  Student Services  

Attend Your Classes

You're now a Cañadian! Keep up with events and important dates by following us on Facebook and Instagram

If you'd still like a tour of the campus, reach out to the Cañada College Outreach Department!