Are you interested in applying, but don’t know if you’re elegible?
Students who are interested in joining Upward Bound can download a brochure and Pre-Screening to help us determine if you are eligible for the program. Please turn in these forms to our classroom at Sequoia (248) or mail them to our office at Cañada (22-112). Please feel free to contact our staff if you have any questions at (650) 306-3332 o para Español, llame (650) 306-3335.
To apply students must meet the following criteria:
- Be eligible through income requirements established by the US government. http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ope/trio/incomelevels.html
- first generation to receive a four year college degree
- US citizen or a permanent resident.
- Grades 9-11th and attending Sequoia High School and/or reside in Redwood City or East Palo Alto at the time of applying in the program.
- Selection is based on recommendations, grades, test scores, and interview.
- In addition, students must demonstrate a commitment to improve academically and an interest attending college.
For more information please feel free to contact the Department of Education's website at http://www.ed.gov/programs/trioupbound/index.html.