This program is designed to create an easy transition from high school to college for high school seniors. This will allow students to complete the necessary steps toward becoming a college student, and to have the opportunity to register early for Summer and Fall classes during the early registration period. To attend a New Student Orientation contact 650-306-3452.
PEP Offers:An opportunity for students and their parents to learn about programs and services, and gather necessary information about college. There will be:
- Workshops about school policies,services, and financial aid availability
- Information tables on support services
- A campus tour that will help you find your way around campus
- And more….
Assessment will determine the level of your Math and English skills and assist counselors to place you in appropriate courses. We highly recommend that you study for the test, and take the assessment test on one of the scheduled dates listed below. The preparatory test is available on our web page. Please note that there is no time limit on the test, and you may use a calculator for the math assessment test.
You will receive information about our services, academic program and transfer opportunities, financial aid availability, and learn about registration and other key factors to becoming a student at Cañada College.
Orientation and Assessment
You must reserve your seat from one of the following dates for the orienation and assessment sessions. On this day you will attend the orientation session first and then take the assessment test. Please note that you must arrive a half an hour earlier than the starting time listed below to sign-in.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2013 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m. (CLOSED)
- Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:00 p.m. – 8:00p.m. (CLOSED)
- Tuesday, May 07, 2013 4:00p.m. – 8:00p.m. (CLOSED)
To attend a New Student Orientation contact 650-306-3452.
After completing your placement test and before leaving the campus, you will be scheduled a counseling appointment. During this session, you will meet with a counselor who will assist you with your course selections for summer and/or fall classes based on your assessment test results and your goals.You may also make additional counseling appointments during the summer and/or Fall term to discuss your career and educational goals, and complete your Student Educational Plan, (SEP).
PEP starts with a few steps:
1. Apply to Cañada College by submitting an online application . When you submit your on-line application, you will receive a letter via email that includes your Student ID number. This number starts with the letter “G”. You must bring this number to the Assessment test to take your test.
2. Attend PEP on the day you reserved your seat
After you submit your reservation form, a confirmation letter will be mailed to you from the Outreach Office verifying your PEP reservation dates.
- You must bring your student ID number to the Assessment test to take your test.
- You must bring your test results to the counseling session.
Benefits of the Priority Enrollment Program (PEP) for Summer/Fall 2013
- Priority Counseling services
- Early access to registration, which gives you an opportunity to access the broadest selection of classes at times that are most convenient for you
- Receive important information about degree requirements, transfer planning, Financial Aid and other Student Support Services
- Be better prepared for college life
- Meet new friends and connect to the campus community
Special Summer Opportunity
When you meet with a counselor at Cañada College, be sure to discuss the option of taking a course or two during the summer session. This will allow you to get a head start on your College education. There is a wide variety of day and evening classes available, and many are sure to be right for you.