Who is Eligible?
As long as you meet the below criteria, you are eligible to be a Beating the Odds Peer Mentorship Program Mentee.
- You must be a first generation student. By definition, a first generation student is one whose mother, father or legal guardian did not graduate from a 4-year college or university.
- You must be enrolled in at least 6 units at Cañada College each semester.
- Must be able to commit to participating in the program for the full academic semester.
- Must be able to attend at least three meetings with a BTO Peer Mentor per semester.
- Must meet with twice with a counselor. At least one meeting must be with BTO Counselor.
- Must attend at least one BTO workshop/event/field trip per semester.
- Must be open-minded and willing to learn.
- Must follow the Student Code of Conduct and boundaries set by the mentors.