Math and Science Lab
Location: Building 9, 2nd Floor (in the back)
Phone: (650) 306-3433
Hours: Same as Learning Center Hours
In the Fall and Spring Semesters, Drop-in tutoring is available, for both individual students and groups. During the summer, all tutoring is Drop In. Students can receive free assistance for all math: pre-algebra, algebra, trigonometry, pre-calculus, multiple levels of calculus, as well as statistics and physics. Tutoring assistance is provided by both Instructional Aides and student (peer) tutors. Tutoring Times are as follows:
|Monday to Thursday||9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.|
|Friday||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.|
The services of the STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) Center are integral to the Math Lab and the Learning Center. Please visit the STEM Center homepage.
Many math and science faculty hold office hours in this area. They are available to assist with ANY math concern.
Math 200 (Statistics) Help:
In addition to tutoring, Math 200 Workshops are held in Room 9-251C in the Learning Center. The Workshop Schedule for the Fall 2014 semester (starting August 25, 2014) is:
|Mondays||12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.|
|Tuesdays||4 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.|
|Wednesdays||2 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.|
|Thursdays||10:30 a.m. - 12 p.m.|
|Fridays||10:30 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.|
- See (and print) a Math 200 Outline
- The Math 200 Outline incorporates certain calculator Programs that can run on a TI-83 or TI-84 Calculator. To get the programs, see Frank Austin in the Learning Center and he will transfer copies of the Programs from his calculator to yours. It only takes a minute.
- Helpful online Calculators:
- Calculate a normal probability: http://www.mathcracker.com/normal_probability.php
- Find an inverse normal value: http://onlinestatbook.com/2/calculators/inverse_normal_dist.html
- Find a Z Critical Value: http://www.mathcelebrity.com/zcritical.php?a=0.03&pl=Calculate+Critical+Z+Value
- Find a T Critical Value: http://easycalculation.com/statistics/critical-t-test.php
- Find a X2 Critical Value: http://www.mathcelebrity.com/chicritical.php?a=0.99&d=14&pl=Calculate
All students using the Math Lab or MESA or STEM resources are asked to log-in at the kiosk computer. This provides the Center with important usage data.