The Student Learning Outcomes and Assessment Cycle: College SLOs, Basic Skills SLOs, and Workforce Program SLOs
SLOAC at Cañada College
College Student Learning Outcomes
Adopted 9/13/2007 Modified 2/2012
Students will achieve the following outcomes while pursuing their education at Cañada College:
1. Select, evaluate, and use information to engage in creative problem solving, investigate a point of view, support a conclusion, or engage in creative expression.
2. Use language to effectively convey an idea or set of facts, including the ability to use source material and evidence according to institutional and discipline standards.
3. Understand and intrepret various points of view that emerge from a diverse world of peoples and cultures.
4. Represent complex data in various mathematical forms (e.g., equations, graphs, diagrams, tables, and words) and analyze these data to make judgments and draw appropriate conclusions.
Basic Skills Student Learning Outcomes
1. Students can use the reading, writing, and computation skills necessary to succeed in transfer level courses.
Workforce Development Programs - Student Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of a certificate, students will be able to: