Chapter 8: Time Place and Manner-Advertising on Campus
Student Activities Center of Cañada College Campus Posting Policy
Persons or organizations seeking to distribute materials on campus must provide a copy of the material to the Student Activities Coordinator or her/his designee.
- All materials to be posted must be date stamped by the Coordinator of Student Activities.
- Approved materials may be posted in the Student Center and on open bulletin boards located throughout the campus. Classroom bulletin boards are intended for instructional usage but may be utilized on a space available basis, subject to Divisional/Departmental needs and policies. Academic and administrative department boards (usually located in specific department buildings) are maintained by each department. Permission for posting in these areas must be obtained from each area Dean. Any materials posted in unauthorized locations, or without being stamped and dated by the Student Activities Center, are subject to removal.
- Materials may not be posted on doors, painted surfaces, or exterior building walls or windows. All other surfaces (e.g., non-classroom bulletin boards) are available for the posting to materials on a space-available basis. Sponsors are responsible for the removal of their materials after a reasonable period of time or once the materials becomes obsolete. Any member of the College staff may remove any obsolete materials.
- Events, programs or services, which are not sponsored by Cañada College, will be displayed in public posting areas only. Classroom bulletin boards are reserved for College sponsored events.
- The number and size of posters and leaflets that any one organization or person may post is subject to limitation by the Student Activities Coordinator and shall be limited only if the materials are so large or numerous as to infringe on the rights of others to use designated areas.
- Placement of materials on parked vehicles causes severe littler problems and is expressly prohibited.
BULLETIN BOARD LOCATIONS and NUMBER OF BOARDS
Building 3 Building 9 Building 13 Building 18 Building 22
First Floor- 4 First Floor- 1 First Floor- 3 Second Floor -1 1
Second Floor -2 Second Floor- 3 Second Floor- 4Third Floor- 5 Third Floor- 4